Conference/Workshop on Campus Opportunity (CWCO)
The Conference/Workshop on Campus Opportunity (CWCO) supports researchers in communicating results and sharing knowledge with colleagues from Canada and abroad. This program promotes both exchanges within a discipline or across many.
There are two separate streams to the CWCO Opportunity:
For the purposes of this competition, a conference consists of events:
- Lasting one day or longer
- Hosting a large number of participants (open registration)
- Focusing on one or more distinct themes
- Hosting Canadian and International researchers and students (both graduate and, where appropriate, undergraduate)
For the purposes of this competition, a workshop is defined as an event:
- Hosting a small number of people (closed invitation)
- Focusing on a particular research agenda or delineating specific research questions and needs
- Producing a concrete deliverable
An interim decision of support up to a maximum of $3,000 may be provided. This may be used in showing University support in applications to SSHRC or other outside agencies.
Conventions and Reservations is here to help!
Conventions and Reservations is the University’s central resource for organizing your events on campus.
Our team is available to offer advice and assist you in every step of the logistical process. We can also assist you with your virtual events on our designated platform!
Let us help you start to plan your event and foresee your budget estimate.