To provide the support our entire research community needs to mobilize their research and increase its impact, the University of Ottawa’s Office of Vice-President, Research developed an institutional knowledge mobilization strategy entitled “Research with Impact: Knowledge Mobilization Institutional Strategy 2019-2021”. Produced in collaboration with faculties, researchers and knowledge mobilization experts between 2017 and 2019, this strategy builds on uOttawa’s collective rich base of expertise to reach four goals:
- Build skills by developing foundational knowledge and skills of uOttawa research community in knowledge mobilization
- Promote a culture that supports and rewards knowledge mobilization
- Engage knowledge users by promoting partnership building between knowledge users and the uOttawa research community
- Evaluate outcomes and generate impact by assessing the impacts of uOttawa research on social and economic innovation.
In the past year, many activities were implemented to support these goals:
- Hired a Knowledge Mobilization Advisor to support the research community and its partners
- Created a knowledge mobilization web page
- Offered a lay summary writing workshop
- Developed tools to support knowledge mobilization
- Created a knowledge mobilization excellence award and grant as well as an annual celebration
- Organized the “Spotlight on Research Connections” webinars
- Registered uOttawa as a member of the Research Impact Canada network
As the implementation of the strategy continues, other new activities will be developed for the benefit of the uOttawa research community and its partners. Stay tuned for more news or communicate with Marie-Eve Girard, Knowledge Mobilization Advisor, to learn more about activities and services offered by the University of Ottawa to support knowledge mobilization.