Knowledge Mobilization (KMb) Excellence Award 2020-2021 (Closed)
****Caution: The guidelines for the competition objectives and requirements have changed significantly. Please read all the guidelines carefully. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions****
The Knowledge Mobilization Excellence Award (KMbE Award) is designed to recognize up to two researchers who have each conducted an impactful research project that has involved knowledge users throughout the research and knowledge mobilization (KMb) process. Knowledge users are the people (stakeholders, decision makers, policymakers, practitioners, community members, patients, and many others) who can potentially use the research results to make informed decisions or otherwise benefit from the research.
We recognize that achieving a more equitable, diverse and inclusive Canadian research enterprise is essential to creating the excellent, innovative and high impact research needed to seize opportunities and meet global challenges. Therefore, we will give special consideration to projects that involve knowledge users from underrepresented or disadvantaged groups.
Priority will be given to exemplary research projects that can demonstrate:
- Evidence of knowledge user engagement throughout the research and KMb process;
- Evidence of research excellence and influence on decisions, public debate, policies, services, programs, practices, systems, or behaviours; and
- Evidence of lessons learned from the research and KMb process or KMb capacity building.
The Knowledge Mobilization Excellence Award is funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council’s Exchange Grant. The total amount awarded is limited to $7,000 per researcher. Within one year of receipt, the funds must be used to extend the knowledge mobilization activity being recognized or to support new knowledge mobilization activities.
There is one competition per year for the Knowledge Mobilization Excellence Award. This year, the deadline is March 24, 2021. Please submit the application (in a single PDF file) to: email@example.com .
Winners of the KMb Excellence Award
The winners of the 2020-2021 KMb Excellence Award are:
- Wendy Gifford - Faculty of Health Sciences
- François Larocque - Faculty of Law, Common Law Section
The winners of the 2019-2020 KMb Excellence Award are:
- Patrick O'Byrne - Faculty of Health Sciences
- Lynne Leonard - Faculty of Medicine
- Ryan Katz-Rosene - Faculty of Social Sciences
The winners of the 2018-2019 KMb Excellence Award are:
- Manisha Kulkarni - Faculty of Medicine
- Stéphanie Gaudet - Faculty of Social Sciences
- Bénédicte Fontaine - Faculty of Health Sciences