Opportunities for Students
Companies may take advantage of numerous funding programs that aim to support students working on their industrial problems/research opportunities. Some examples would include:
- Government programs such as Mitacs internships, OCE Internships, NSERC Engage grants and industrial fellowships;
- The uOttawa Coop program, which matches the needs of client firms with the interests and expertise of students enabling a placement for a term;
- Capstone projects for 4th year engineering students looking for projects that would benefit the company partner.
- Centre for Research Opportunities
- Startup Garage is a 3-month program led by the University of Ottawa to foster and support youth entrepreneurship in the Ottawa area.
We remain open to any projects that are important to industrial partners and will look for the best options to involve students as a component of their experiential learning activities.