Encouraging Gender and Sexual Diversity in the Arts, Science and Technology
19 May 2021 - 1:30pm to 3:00pm
To mark the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia, the University of Ottawa’s Office of the Vice-President, Research invites you to attend an interdisciplinary panel discussion on gender and sexual diversity in research, part of the “More Inclusion, Better Research” Series.
The panel discussion will address the following topics:
- the main trends in research about LGBTQI2S+ people
- the needs and challenges of LGBTQI2S+ people in research and education
- how to make research programs and teams more inclusive and open to LGBTQI2S+ people
- alternatives to advance research on, by and for LGBTQI2S+ people
- Dominique Bourque, Ph.D. Full Professor, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Feminist and Gender Studies, University of Ottawa
- Stephen Brown, Ph.D. Full Professor, Faculty of Social Sciences, School of Political Studies, University of Ottawa
- Debbie Owusu-Akyeeah Executive Director, The Canadian Centre For Gender And Sexual Diversity
- Naoufel Testaouni Co-Founder and President of Queertech and Head of Business Development at Local Logic
Please confirm your attendance by May 18, 2021.
For more information: email@example.com
Join us to keep making science inclusive and relevant for everyone.