Did you know?
- EREVIEWS: The new online submission portal, eReviews, has now been launched with the School of Psychology, the School of Social Work, the Faculties of Education, Management, Law, Health Sciences, Science and Engineering. All new ethics applications from researchers in these units should be submitted via eReviews. Please contact the Ethics Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have not received prior communications to this effect or if you have any questions about the process.
- Faculty of Medicine: Researchers working on a project in which students from the Faculty of Medicine will be recruited as participants must first obtain approval from the Faculty of Medicine to conduct the project. This approval must be obtained before an ethics application can be submitted for review by the REB. Please contact Dr. Melissa Forgie for further details.
- Taking Part in Research: The Panel on Research Ethics has announced a new set of educational resources to assist current and prospective participants in their choices about taking part in research. The resources are available online for use by the general public, researchers, REBs and institutions.
- Update on FluidSurvey: FluidSurvey was decommissioned on December 12, 2017. SurveyMonkey now has Canadian servers and is thus the recommended survey tool. For any questions or concerns, please contact the University IT team.
- The Office of Research Ethics and Integrity has produced an internal guidelines document in order to help researchers navigate the REB process at the University of Ottawa.
- An online tutorial for the 2nd edition of the Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS 2) is available.
Note: Please make sure you use your University email address when you register.