Did you know?
- eReviews: New submissions must be filed via this system. A User Guide is available for help using the system. Access eReviews here!
- For COURSE OUTLINES : These applications are not available via eReviews and therefore continue to be submitted using the paper application form (see hyperlink).
- For ONGOING PROJECTS initially submitted using the paper application (prior to eReviews), requests for continuing review (modification, renewal, closure) must continue to be submitted using the paper forms.
- (New) Survey Tool: You want to do online surveys? SurveyMonkey now has Canadian servers and can be used for free by the university community.
- Consent Form Templates are available to help researchers design their consent documents.
- A copy of the REB Evaluation Checklist is available to help researchers understand how the REB evaluates applications and ensure that adequate information is included in their application.
- Faculty of Medicine: Researchers working on a project in which students from the Faculty of Medicine will be recruited as participants must first obtain approval from the Faculty of Medicine to conduct the project. This approval must be obtained before an ethics application can be submitted for review by the REB. Please contact Dr. Melissa Forgie or visit the Policies and Procedures website for further details.
- Taking Part in Research: The Panel on Research Ethics has announced a new set of educational resources to assist current and prospective participants in their choices about taking part in research. The resources are available online for use by the general public, researchers, REBs and institutions.
- The Office of Research Ethics and Integrity has produced an internal guidelines document in order to help researchers navigate the REB process at the University of Ottawa.
- An online tutorial for the 2nd edition of the Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS 2) is available.
Note: Please make sure you use your University email address when you register.