Chaires de recherche sur le monde francophone
The program “Chaires de Recherche sur le Monde Francophone” (CRMF) aspires to consolidate the position of the University of Ottawa as a leader in research on Francophonie in Ontario, Canada and around the world.
The program is intended to be one of the most important generators of research on the Francophonie not only on the campus, but also in French-speaking Ontario, Canada, and around the world. It will help to position the University of Ottawa as the uncontested leader in Francophonie studies in Ontario and Canada, and as one of the leading institutions on research in French and on Francophonie studies in the world.
- Uphold and pursue the University of Ottawa’s tradition of excellence in research on Francophonie in Ontario, Canada and around the world.
- Promote Francophonie research in connection with the strategic areas of development in research at the University of Ottawa.
- Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration in Francophonie research.
- Foster the development and inclusion of new researchers on the Francophonie from here and elsewhere, at every level (master’s and Ph.D. students, postdocs, interns, researchers and professors).
- Ensure the internal and external visibility of the CRMF research activities, especially through knowledge mobilization.
The chairs will focus on the following research areas:
- 3 research chairs on Ontario Francophonie
- 3 research chairs on Francophonie in Canada and the Americas (excluding Ontario)
- 4 research chairs on Francophonie in the World
- 1 Francophone Mobility Chair (by invitation only)