The following websites can provide you with other information related to knowledge mobilization and some possible activities.
Learn more about knowledge mobilization
- Maîtrise en mobilisation et transfert de connaissances - Institut nationale de la recherche scientifique (INRS) (French only)
- Diplôme d'études supérieures spécialisées (DESS) en pratiques de recherche et action publique - Institut nationale de la recherche scientifique (INRS) (French only)
- Programme court de 2e cycle en mobilisation et transfert de connaissances - Institut nationale de la recherche scientifique (INRS) (French only)
- Le transfert de connaissances pour avoir de l'impact! - L'institut national de santé publique du Québec (INSPQ) (French only)
- KMb Resources - Advice and tools to maximize your partnerships and plan for knowledge mobilization
- Introduction to Knowledge Translation - Training offered by SickKids Foundation
- Seminars Series - Seminars offered by Knowledge Translation Canada
- Foundation of Knowledge Translation - Course offered by Knowledge Translation Program
- Practicing Knowledge Translation - Course offered by Knowledge Translation Program.
- KT Canada Summer Institute - Offered by Knowledge Translation Canada
- End of Grant Knowledge Translation - course designed to provide grant writers with the needed tools to write the knowledge translation portion of their grant applications offered by Knowledge Translation Program.
- Online Certificate in Knowledge Mobilization - Certificate offered by the University of Guelph
- Free online impact training for researchers - Fast Track Impact
- Free online training on implementation science (Inspire Change) - Find out how implementation science can enhance how you inspire and support change, offered by the Centre for Implementation Science
Policy Research Forum
Policy Research Forum Tool - Tools to help organize a one-day forum which offers an occasion to highlight applied research and showcase collaborative models of evidence-based policy development.
Using social media
- Social Media Strategies for Research - Webinar recording from Research Impact Canada on social media strategies for research.
- Social Media Starter Kit - Tip sheets and templates on how to plan your use of social media
- The Fast Track Impact Social Media Strategy - Template for creating a social media strategy
- How to generate research impact from Twitter and LinkedIn - Tips on how to use Twitter and LinkedIn to increase the impact of your research
- Top Twitter Tips for Research Impact - Tips on how to use Twitter to increase the impact of your research
- A nifty guide for academics on using Twitter - Tips on how to use Twitter to increase the impact of your research
- How Academics and Researchers Can Get More Out of Social Media - Tips on how to use social media to increase the impact of your research
- Social Media for Knowledge Mobilization - A video on the use of social media for knowledge mobilization
- What Works Engaging the public through social media - A guide to help you better use social media to engage with the users
- Toolkit for using social media and websites for impact - Tips on multiple social media strategies (blogs, website, Twitter, etc.) and how to measure impact
- Book and companion Website: Communicating Your Research with Social Media: A Practical Guide to Using Blogs, Podcasts, Data Visualisations and Video and Companion Website.
Developing research videos or podcasts
- So you want to create KT videos? - A video on how to create a KT video
- 5minofscience.com - Offer support for creating videos for researchers
- How to make a podcast that generates research impact in 10 easy (and free) steps - Offer tips for creating podcasts that generates research impact
Organizing virtual events
- How to host a successful virtual event: Tips and best practices - by Hootsuit
- How to host a virtual conference - 10 tips for success - by Learning Revolution
- Best practices for hosting a digital event - by Zoom
- So you want to host a twitter conference - Advice on how to run a Twitter conference
Clear language writing
- Writing in plain Language - Training session offered by the Centre for Continuing Education at the University of Ottawa
- Writing for the Web - Training session offered by the Centre for Continuing Education at the University of Ottawa
- What is Plain Language? - Definition and things to know about plain language writing
- Clear Language Writing - A video of a webinar on clear language writing
- Plain Language Writing Checklist - Learning institute The Hospital for Sick Children
Patient decision aid tools
- La conception d’outils d’aide à la prise de décision partagée en santé - (in French only) Training modules offered by the Unité de soutien SRAP Québec
Evaluating the impact of the knowledge mobilization strategies
- Using Twitter as a data source: an overview of social media research tools (2019) - Strategies to evaluate the impact of social media on research dissemination