The following websites can provide you with other information related to knowledge mobilization and some possible activities.
Learn more about knowledge mobilization
- Knowledge Mobilization Needs Assessment Survey Toolkit - Guide to assess the needs for knowledge mobilization support (University of Ottawa and Research Impact Canada)
- What is Knowledge Mobilization - Short video explaining the principles of knowledge knowledge mobilization offered by the uOttawa INSITE Lab.
- MOOCs sur le transfert de connaissances - Équipe Renard (French only)
- Le transfert de connaissances : Favoriser des pratiques et des politiques fondées sur la recherche - Formation virtuelle offerte par l'Équipe Renard (French only)
- Transfert de connaissances 2 - La note de politique - Formation virtuelle offerte par l'Équipe Renard (French only)
- Diagnostic 2020 sur l'expertise québécoise en mobilisation des connaissances - (French only) Rapport sur le chemin accompli en matière de mobilisation des connaissances ou de recherche collaborative au cours de la période 2010-2020 au Québec. Il est le fruit d’un travail conjoint entre l’Université de l’Ontario français (UOF), Humanov.is et TIESS (Territoires innovants en économie sociale et solidaire), financé par le Secrétariat du Québec aux relations canadiennes (SQRC).
- Online Graduate Certificate in Knowledge Mobilization - Offered by Bishop's University
- Maîtrise en mobilisation et transfert de connaissances - Institut nationale de la recherche scientifique (INRS) (French only)
- Diplôme d'études supérieures spécialisées (DESS) en pratiques de recherche et action publique - Institut nationale de la recherche scientifique (INRS) (French only)
- Programme court de 2e cycle en mobilisation et transfert de connaissances - Institut nationale de la recherche scientifique (INRS) (French only)
- Le transfert de connaissances pour avoir de l'impact! - L'institut national de santé publique du Québec (INSPQ) (French only)
- KMb Resources - Advice and tools to maximize your partnerships and plan for knowledge mobilization
- Introduction to Knowledge Translation - Training offered by SickKids Foundation
- Seminars Series - Seminars offered by Knowledge Translation Canada
- Foundation of Knowledge Translation - Course offered by Knowledge Translation Program
- Practicing Knowledge Translation - Course offered by Knowledge Translation Program.
- KT Canada Summer Institute - Offered by Knowledge Translation Canada
- End of Grant Knowledge Translation - course designed to provide grant writers with the needed tools to write the knowledge translation portion of their grant applications offered by Knowledge Translation Program.
- Online Certificate in Knowledge Mobilization - Certificate offered by the University of Guelph
- Free online impact training for researchers - Fast Track Impact
- Free online training on implementation science (Inspire Change) - Find out how implementation science can enhance how you inspire and support change, offered by the Centre for Implementation Science
- Knowledge Mobilization Tools - Inventory of KMb tools developed by Research Impact Canada
- What is Knowledge Mobilization? - Presentation slide deck on knowledge mobilization offered by the University of Regina
- Knowledge Mobilization Key Principles - Infographics to explain the principles of knowledge mobilization developed by the University of Regina
Policy Research Forum
Policy Research Forum Tool - Tools to help organize a one-day forum which offers an occasion to highlight applied research and showcase collaborative models of evidence-based policy development.
- Practical Guide to Writing Briefing Notes In the Government of Canada - A guide to help you understand how to write a briefing note in the federal government.
- How to Write a Policy Brief - Guide offered by the International Development Research Centre.
- Producing a Policy Brief: Why and How - Webinar offered by the National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy.
- How to Write Briefing Notes - Guide offered by Public Sector Writing.
- How to create a website: an easy, step-by-step guide for beginners - A guide to develop a website developed by websitesetup.org.
Using media and social media
- The Research-Media Partnership - Canadian Institutes for Health Research.This guide is designed to make you media savvy, to help you respond to a call from a journalist and see it as a professional opportunity-the chance to share important research with thousands or millions of people.
- The Media Impact Guide and Toolkit - A guide and toolkit that share stories while providing you with the knowledge and skills uou need to generate measurable impact from media enagement.
- Social Media Strategies for Research - Webinar recording from Research Impact Canada on social media strategies for research.
- Social Media Starter Kit - Tip sheets and templates on how to plan your use of social media
- The Fast Track Impact Social Media Strategy - Template for creating a social media strategy
- How to generate research impact from Twitter and LinkedIn - Tips on how to use Twitter and LinkedIn to increase the impact of your research
- Top Twitter Tips for Research Impact - Tips on how to use Twitter to increase the impact of your research
- A nifty guide for academics on using Twitter - Tips on how to use Twitter to increase the impact of your research
- How Academics and Researchers Can Get More Out of Social Media - Tips on how to use social media to increase the impact of your research
- Social Media for Knowledge Mobilization - A video on the use of social media for knowledge mobilization
- What Works Engaging the public through social media - A guide to help you better use social media to engage with the users
- Toolkit for using social media and websites for impact - Tips on multiple social media strategies (blogs, website, Twitter, etc.) and how to measure impact
- Book and companion Website: Communicating Your Research with Social Media: A Practical Guide to Using Blogs, Podcasts, Data Visualisations and Video and Companion Website.
Disseminating research innovation products
- eValorix: Web repository to allow distribution of social innovations from university research. eValorix has a uOttawa profile where uOttawa researchers can showcase their research products.
Developing research videos or podcasts
- Wideo - Online application to help you create short and simple videos from examples and templates.
- Canva - Online application to help you create different promotional tools (video, presentation, report, poster, etc.) from examples and templates.
- So you want to create KT videos? - A video on how to create a KT video
- 5minofscience.com - Offer support for creating videos for researchers
- How to make a podcast that generates research impact in 10 easy (and free) steps - Offer tips for creating podcasts that generates research impact
- Cited Media - Offer support for creating podcasts
Organizing virtual events
- Guide du conférencier en ligne pour mieux engager son auditoire (French only) - Advice on how to engage your audience when delivering a presentation in the context of a virtual conference.
- Online Engagement: A guide to creating and running virtual meeting and events
- How to host a successful virtual event: Tips and best practices - by Hootsuit
- How to host a virtual conference - 10 tips for success - by Learning Revolution
- Best practices for hosting a digital event - by Zoom
- So you want to host a twitter conference - Advice on how to run a Twitter conference
Clear language writing
- Writing in plain Language - Training session offered by the Centre for Continuing Education at the University of Ottawa
- Writing for the Web - Training session offered by the Centre for Continuing Education at the University of Ottawa
- What is Plain Language? - Definition and things to know about plain language writing
- Clear Language Writing - A video of a webinar on clear language writing
- Plain Language Writing Checklist - Learning institute The Hospital for Sick Children
Patient decision aid tools
- La conception d’outils d’aide à la prise de décision partagée en santé - (in French only) Training modules offered by the Unité de soutien SRAP Québec
Evaluating the impact of the knowledge mobilization strategies
- How do we know if research and KMb make a difference? Taking the challenge of understanding our unique contribution. Recorded webinar offered by Research Impact Canada in collaboration with Sarah Morton (Matters of Focus) and Marie-Eve Girard (uOttawa).
- Kudos - Kudos is an award winning, cloud-based platform, through which researchers can accelerate and broaden the positive impact of their research in the world. Introduction video. Free to try for 60 days. Monthly fees after the trial period.
- Using Twitter as a data source: an overview of social media research tools (2019) - Strategies to evaluate the impact of social media on research dissemination