Conference/Workshop on Campus Opportunity (CWCO)
The Conference/Workshop on Campus Opportunity (CWCO) supports researchers in communicating results and sharing knowledge with colleagues from Canada and abroad. This program promotes both exchanges within a discipline or across many.
There are two separate streams to the CWCO Opportunity:
For the purposes of this competition, a conference consists of events:
- Lasting one day or longer
- Hosting a large number of participants (open registration)
- Focusing on one or more distinct themes
- Hosting Canadian and International researchers and students (both graduate and, where appropriate, undergraduate)
For the purposes of this competition, a workshop is defined as an event:
- Hosting a small number of people (closed invitation)
- Focusing on a particular research agenda or delineating specific research questions and needs
- Producing a concrete deliverable
An interim decision of support up to a maximum of $3,000 may be provided. This may be used in showing University support in applications to SSHRC or other outside agencies.