If you are interested in applying for a Polanyi Prize, you are encouraged to send your application package electronically to Marie-Claude Trembay by Friday December 9, 2016.
|Eligibility||Have received a doctoral degree between September 1, 2013 and April 30, 2017, or if the doctoral degree has not yet been awarded, have completed all the requirements for the doctoral degree by April 30, 2017.|
|Fields of research||Areas broadly defined as: Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, and Economic Science|
|Websites||John Charles Polanyi Prizes
Guidelines (e.g., eligibility, required documents).
|Past uOttawa recipients||John Charles Polanyi Prize – Council of Ontario Universities|
|Deadline||Friday December 9, 2016|
- It is imperative that you first obtain the support of the Director of your academic unit and/or Dean of your Faculty.
- Please include a proof of the completion of your Ph.D. in order to confirm your eligibility.
- Please ensure that all of the necessary documents are enclosed in your application package, including the application form duly signed.
- Letters of assessment can be addressed to the “Members of the Polanyi Prizes Selection Committee”. Assessors must submit their letters electronically, directly to Marie-Claude Trembay by the December 9 deadline, indicating your name and the prize in the subject of the email (e.g., 2017 Polanyi Prizes – Letter for John Smith).
- An internal review committee will select a maximum of three candidates for each of the five fields of research (listed in table above). The candidates who are selected to move forward will be contacted at the beginning of January in order to prepare the final submission; the University must submit the final dossiers to the COU by the January 31, 2017 deadline.
For more information, please contact Marie-Claude Trembay.