The University of Ottawa hosts six American scholars each year through the Fulbright Canada Visiting Research Chairs program:
- Visiting Research Chair in Governance and Public Administration at the Centre on Governance
- Visiting Research Chair in Human Rights and Social Justice at the Human Rights Research and Education Centre
- Visiting Research Chair in Science and Society at the Institute for Science, Society and Policy
- Visiting Research Chair in Environment and Economy at the Institute of the Environment
- Visiting Research Chair in Sustainable Economy at the Institute of the Environment
- Visiting Research Chair in Health Law at the Centre for Health Law, Policy and Ethics
Through this program, collaborative research is conducted and lectures offered at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The main benefits gained through those Chairs are the intellectual value of integrating dedicated researchers into ongoing areas of scholarly pursuit at the University, the increased visibility gained by having scholars addressing issues of current concern, and the establishment of vibrant academic ties with the United States in areas of shared interest.
The 2017-2018 competition is now closed.