The Office of International Research's mandate is to enhance the global reach of the University of Ottawa's research strengths.
We work closely with:
- Researchers and their colleagues abroad;
- Senior administrators, Faculty Vice-Deans and Research Facilitators, and hospital-based research institutes;
- Institutional partners such as international organisations and diplomatic corps; and
- Funding agencies in Canada and abroad.
Our main activities consist in:
- Establishing research collaborations;
- Diversifying the funding base for international initiatives;
- Providing strategic direction and supporting the development of proposals; and
- Identifying new opportunities based on University priorities.
The Office manages funding programs such as:
- Canada-U.S. Fulbright Visiting Research Chairs
- Distinguished Visiting Researcher Program
- France-Canada Research Fund
- International Research Acceleration Program