Did you know?
- EREVIEWS: The new online submission portal, eReviews, has now been launched with the School of Psychology, the Faculty of Education, Telfer School of Management and the School of Human Kinetics. All new ethics applications from researchers in these units should be submitted via eReviews. Please contact the Ethics Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have not received prior communications to this effect or if you have any questions about the process.
- CHANGE IN SUBMISSION DATE: As of August 2017, applications for ethics approval are to be submitted by the first business day of each month.
- Faculty of Medicine: Researchers working on a project in which students from the Faculty of Medicine will be recruited as participants must first obtain approval from the Faculty of Medicine to conduct the project. This approval must be obtained before an ethics application can be submitted for review by the REB. Please contact Dr. Melissa Forgie for further details.
- Update on FluidSurvey: A contract extension has been signed by the University for FluidSurvey. Current FluidSurvey users can continue using the service until September-October 2017, at which time the vendor should have installed servers for SurveyMonkey in Canada. FluidSurvey will be discontinued in March 2018, and once it is decommissioned, all accesses and data will be lost. Users still need to export and save any surveys dans data they want to keep from FluidSurvey in Excel et CVS format. To avoid data loss, start backing up your data today. For any questions or concerns, please contact the University IT team.
- The Office of Research Ethics and Integrity has produced an internal guidelines document in order to help researchers navigate the REB process at the University of Ottawa.
- An online tutorial for the 2nd edition of the Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS 2) is now available.
Note: Please make sure you use your University email address when you register so that we can confirm your completion of the tutorial.