The Office of Research Ethics and Integrity offers administrative support to the University Research Ethics Boards (REBs) and works with researchers to ensure that their research projects respect all applicable guidelines inclding those of the Tri-councils (SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR):
- The Office of Research Ethics and Integrity has produced an internal guidelines document in order to help researchers navigate the REB process at the University of Ottawa. This document can be found here.
- January 5, 2015--The revised version of the 2nd edition of the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans, TCPS 2 (2014) was released in December 2014 and immediately replaces TCPS 2 (2010) as the official human research ethics policy of the three federal research agencies (CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC).
- Please note that the REB does not review ethics files in July, including both initial reviews (new submissions, expedited reviews) and ongoing reviews (requests for modifications).
- Please note that updated versions of the consent form and information letter templates are now available under the tab Sumissions and Review.
- If you want to offer compensation to participants in the form of a draw, you must include the information which is required by Ontario law. A draft text can befound here.
- An online tutorial for the 2nd edition of the Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS 2) is available at http://www.pre.ethics.gc.ca/eng/education/tutorial-didacticiel/.
Please make sure you use your University email address when you register so that we can confirm your completion of the tutorial.